Neighborhood selection is a major factor for potential good movers. Movers San Rafael provide all kind of moving services and we use many in helping us settle on the right neighborhood selection. Research has to be conducted and maybe some chances must be taken. There is only so much information we can gather to help us make an informed decision about the best neighborhood selection. It seems that even after all of our investigations there still tends to be some issues that we are not pleased with, but most of us make amends! Now let’s highlight some key points that are important for most people when neighborhood selection;
Common Issues on Neighborhood selection
- Traffic flow-Is this a main or semi main strip that experiences traffic at all times? Is the traffic predominantly automobile or does it also receive a lot of truck, bus, and motorcycle traffic? Foot traffic-Is this a shopping district? Will you find shoppers frequently walking down your street or in front of your door?
- Crime-Is the neighborhood safe, is there a high incidence of crime? Do you feel comfortable going for a walk alone? Are there lots of “wanderers” or threatening figures that seem to roam the streets often? Would you feel comfortable with your children playing freely?How to run Neighborhood selection?
- Landscape & Upkeep- How does the place look? This is always a selling point. Most people want a well kept beautiful neighborhood. Right away you can see whether or not the neighborhood shelters people who care about and maintain their properties or those that simply don’t. A well kept neighborhood also indicates whether the residents demand that the city or town does its part in maintenance as well. A negligent municipality needs to be reminded.
Not So Common Issues on Neighborhood selection
- Cohesiveness-Is it actually a neighborhood or just a group of people that happen to live on the same street? This may be hard to pinpoint but some neighborhoods noticeably have a sense of cohesiveness or “togetherness.” Some things to think about. Do people look out for each other? If you forget to move your car for the street cleaner will your neighbor ring your doorbell so you don’t get a ticket? Do the right Neighborhood selection.
- Acceptance-Everyone not a fighter-sometimes you just want to be accepted. Comfort and ease is just one of those things that comes along with being a son of Adam. We want to be comfortable especially in a place we come to everyday. Do you feel welcomed in the neighborhood? Is diversity celebrated? This may not pertain to everyone but if you are for example a mixed-race couple this issue may be of concern to you.
- Transportation – Is it public transport accessible? This is a red flag for people who do not own cars or are disabled and therefore in need of special transportation services. It’s almost impossible to live somewhere where you cannot get around comfortably.
Of course this list is not inclusive but it does cover a good range of topics to toss around before making your final decision and Neighborhood selection. Once you do and possibly find your white picket fence or simply a neighborhood that fits the bill, remember Movers San Rafael as a choice over other moving companies. Read moving tips for neighborhood selection when moving to San Rafael California.